For almost a decade and a half, we have assisted large numbers of investors to enter the investment market as Investment in property is one of the most reliable forms of increasing your wealth. We provide an insight into current market conditions, capital growth and returns on investment.
As a property investor, you want to know that your property or properties are being managed by the right people. A team that can offer the right skills, knowledge and ethics that is required to do the job properly. That’s what we offer at Platinum, our team are all experienced, highly skilled property managers and have a long term history with our company. Our own Licensee is acting head of the department and carries on an active role in the property management department.
We have outlined a few key points for you to consider when choosing a managing agency for your investment property/properties.
- Research: An important step toward the successful management of your Investment property is research - research of the company that you are considering engaging, the property managers and the properties available for rent in your area. You can gather a lot of useful information through the internet.
- Appraisal: Here you have the opportunity to come together with your perspective agent without any obligation. This will assist in selecting the right property manager and determining the rental value of your property. At Platinum our property appraisals are no obligation and at no cost.
- Selecting a property manager: Select a property manager that you are comfortable with and whom you can be confident in. A guide to a good property manager is to establish their level of experience, knowledge and level of involvement in managing your property. At Platinum the property manager that you choose will be the person looking after your property, who will keep you informed and will conduct all day-to-day affairs of your property.
- Property Presentation & Statutory Requirement: Your property manager will advise you of the best way to present your property to maximise its potential to prospective tenants. You will be guided in relation to statutory requirement as a Landlord with regards to RCD’s, hardwired smoke alarms and insurance policies.
- Marketing & Communication: It’s important to attract the right tenant to your property and to achieve that you need a good marketing plan with prominent online presence. A pro-active property manager with good company backing is the key to securing the right tenant for your property at the earliest possible date, with minimal vacancy period. At Platinum, we aim to secure the best tenant paying the highest rent in the shortest amount of time.
- Tenant Selection & Application Process: Your agent will inform you when your property is scheduled for viewing by prospective tenants. You will then be notified when an application is received on your property. The property manager will process this application on your behalf, checking employment, rental references including previous tenancies (if any), and discuss with you in detail.
A Platinum property manager will provide a range of 'personalised' services that include but are not limited to the following…
Initiate a marketing strategy for your property
- Personally be involved in screening and selecting tenants
- Provide a detailed brief on all applicants and advice on approving the successful applicant.
- Preparation of required documentation and orders of things such as special water reads.
- Receiving rents and issue receipts
- Carrying our regular routine property inspections, first after 6 weeks.
- Arranging for repairs and maintenance to the property if required.
- Paying of accounts such as water services and council rates
- Processing any insurance claims that may arise
- Exercising the owners/tenants’ rights to terminate leases and tenancies
- Reletting the property at the end of each tenancy in the event of a vacancy
- Preparing and checking the property’s inventory if required
- Doing all such lawful things as may be directed by the owner in writing from time to time
- Professionally and accurately reporting on the condition of the property at the inception, during and at the end of each tenancy
When you engage Platinum Property Management, you engage our total commitment. We are committed to delivering a six star real estate experience, through consistency in staff, a high level of communication with our clients and through working in your best interest at all times.
Head of Property management
Platinum Realty Group